Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Review - Lord of the Rings : Conquest

What have they done?!

I loved the Lord of the Rings games for the previous generation. I think they are hack and slash goodness.

I also loved the Battlefront games.

So when I heard that Pandemic Studios, creators of the Battlefront games, were making a Lord of the Rings game in the vein of their afformentioned game, I was quite excited.

How could it go wrong?

Yet it did. It went very wrong.

Lord of the Rings conquest lacks everything that made the previous generation games in both series fun. The fighting is clunky and repetetive, the graphics are choppy and not up to par of the console it is on, there are framerate issues, the single player gameplay is extremely short, the online play is not all that fun, the level design is dry, and the IP is completly wasted on this hunk of crap.

You've broken my heart Pandemic.

I'll never love again.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment