Saturday, May 23, 2009

Review - Gears of War

I'm a very bitter person, especially when it comes to video games.
Truth be told, I generally hate everything I play.
I don't think it's the games faults, I think I'm just a very emotionally unstable person.

Will that being said, I didn't expect to like "Gears of War".
I find most shooters repetitive and boring, I didn't expect this one to be any different.

I was "gearing up" (hahahaha... no, nothing?") for another hollow experience.

Then I played it, and let me tell you,

this is a fabulous game.

"Gears" involves a squad of 4 very badass soldiers fighting waves of alien like species called Locusts, while kicking ass and taking names in the process.

You play the lead character Marcus Fenix, an ex-con who looks like he has the same personal trainer as Roger Clemens.

When the squad leader goes down, It's up to you to take the reins, and save the world from the bastardly locusts.

The game works for me because its only about 8 hours long. It never outstays it's welcome, it's just the right amount of "shooty shooty, killy killy"

I also enjoyed that game is a bit more intellegent than your average shoot-em up. Rather than plowing playing.

The production qualities are also through the roof. The graphics and sound are some of the best I've ever seen in a game.

Gears of War is one of the most impressive games available for the current generation of consoles.

If you have an X-Box 360, and you haven't played this game, punch yourself in the face.

9.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment